Discussion:
[chuck-users] ChucK Floss manual / bug reporting
Nunn, Douglas
2018-04-07 12:52:10 UTC
Permalink
Hi,

First, thanks to Ge and the development team for a great program. I've been using it and teaching with it for many years and want to help the development in whatever way I can. (I'm fluent in English, ChucK, and C, but not C++.)

Second, I'd like to help remove some of the errors in the Floss manual. How can I do this?

Third, where should bug reports be sent?

Cheers,

Doug

--
Please click here to view our e-mail disclaimer http://www.anglia.ac.uk/email-disclaimer
mario buoninfante
2018-04-07 13:23:28 UTC
Permalink
Hi Doug,


I'm currently working on updating the FLOSS manual
(https://omnibook.pro/chuck/_full/), and of course it would be great to
have someone else helping out. would you like to join the team? :D


cheers,

Mario


On 07/04/18 13:52, Nunn, Douglas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First, thanks to Ge and the development team for a great program. I've
> been using it and teaching with it for many years and want to help the
> development in whatever way I can. (I'm fluent in English, ChucK, and
> C, but not C++.)
>
> Second, I'd like to help remove some of theĀ errors in the Floss
> manual. How can I do this?
>
> Third, where should bug reports be sent?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Doug
>
>
> --
> http://www.anglia.ac.uk/email-disclaimer
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> chuck-users mailing list
> chuck-***@lists.cs.princeton.edu
> https://lists.cs.princeton.edu/mailman/listinfo/chuck-users
Nunn, Douglas
2018-04-07 14:08:46 UTC
Permalink
Yes!

---------------
Hi Doug,

I'm currently working on updating the FLOSS manual (https://omnibook.pro/chuck/_full/),
and of course it would be great to have someone else helping out. would you like to join the team? :D

cheers,
Mario

--
Please click here to view our e-mail disclaimer http://www.anglia.ac.uk/email-disclaimer
Scott Hewitt
2018-04-07 16:51:48 UTC
Permalink
Hi,

What is the relationship between the Floss Manual and the OmniBook
version of the manual?

Which one is the primary version?

Scott

----------
visit me

http://www.scotthewitt.co.uk
@scotthewitt

http://www.ablelemon.co.uk
http://www.theaudiopodcast.co.uk


On 7 April 2018 at 14:23, mario buoninfante <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Doug,
>
>
> I'm currently working on updating the FLOSS manual
> (https://omnibook.pro/chuck/_full/), and of course it would be great to have
> someone else helping out. would you like to join the team? :D
>
>
> cheers,
>
> Mario
>
>
> On 07/04/18 13:52, Nunn, Douglas wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> First, thanks to Ge and the development team for a great program. I've been
> using it and teaching with it for many years and want to help the
> development in whatever way I can. (I'm fluent in English, ChucK, and C, but
> not C++.)
>
> Second, I'd like to help remove some of the errors in the Floss manual. How
> can I do this?
>
> Third, where should bug reports be sent?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Doug
>
>
> --
> http://www.anglia.ac.uk/email-disclaimer
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> chuck-users mailing list
> chuck-***@lists.cs.princeton.edu
> https://lists.cs.princeton.edu/mailman/listinfo/chuck-users
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> chuck-users mailing list
> chuck-***@lists.cs.princeton.edu
> https://lists.cs.princeton.edu/mailman/listinfo/chuck-users
>
mario buoninfante
2018-04-07 19:14:36 UTC
Permalink
Hi Scott,

More or less one month ago I decided to update the ChucK FLOSS manual. I
wrote here on the mailing list announcing my idea and I've done the same
on facebook and ChucK forum. after a while I decided to start and I
create an account on flossmanual.net . at that point Mick Chesterman
from FLOSS manuals asked me if I wanted to try out a new platform they
were testing, OmniBook. so I said yes and he copied the entire ChucK
FLOSS manual there and I started editing that one.


cheers,
Mario


On 07/04/18 17:51, Scott Hewitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the relationship between the Floss Manual and the OmniBook
> version of the manual?
>
> Which one is the primary version?
>
> Scott
>
> ----------
> visit me
>
> http://www.scotthewitt.co.uk
> @scotthewitt
>
> http://www.ablelemon.co.uk
> http://www.theaudiopodcast.co.uk
>
>
> On 7 April 2018 at 14:23, mario buoninfante <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Doug,
>>
>>
>> I'm currently working on updating the FLOSS manual
>> (https://omnibook.pro/chuck/_full/), and of course it would be great to have
>> someone else helping out. would you like to join the team? :D
>>
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> Mario
>>
>>
>> On 07/04/18 13:52, Nunn, Douglas wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> First, thanks to Ge and the development team for a great program. I've been
>> using it and teaching with it for many years and want to help the
>> development in whatever way I can. (I'm fluent in English, ChucK, and C, but
>> not C++.)
>>
>> Second, I'd like to help remove some of the errors in the Floss manual. How
>> can I do this?
>>
>> Third, where should bug reports be sent?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Doug
>>
>>
>> --
>> http://www.anglia.ac.uk/email-disclaimer
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> chuck-users mailing list
>> chuck-***@lists.cs.princeton.edu
>> https://lists.cs.princeton.edu/mailman/listinfo/chuck-users
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> chuck-users mailing list
>> chuck-***@lists.cs.princeton.edu
>> https://lists.cs.princeton.edu/mailman/listinfo/chuck-users
>>
> _______________________________________________
> chuck-users mailing list
> chuck-***@lists.cs.princeton.edu
> https://lists.cs.princeton.edu/mailman/listinfo/chuck-users
mario buoninfante
2018-04-07 19:20:32 UTC
Permalink
Hi Doug,


would you like to send me your email address so that I can send you an
invite to join us on Omnibook?

if you prefer you can send it directly on my mail.


cheers,

Mario


On 07/04/18 13:52, Nunn, Douglas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First, thanks to Ge and the development team for a great program. I've
> been using it and teaching with it for many years and want to help the
> development in whatever way I can. (I'm fluent in English, ChucK, and
> C, but not C++.)
>
> Second, I'd like to help remove some of theĀ errors in the Floss
> manual. How can I do this?
>
> Third, where should bug reports be sent?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Doug
>
>
> --
> http://www.anglia.ac.uk/email-disclaimer
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> chuck-users mailing list
> chuck-***@lists.cs.princeton.edu
> https://lists.cs.princeton.edu/mailman/listinfo/chuck-users
mario buoninfante
2018-04-08 15:38:53 UTC
Permalink
Hi Scott,


sure I only need your email address to send you the invite. if you want
you can also send it to my personal mail: ***@gmail.com


cheers,

Mario
mario buoninfante
2018-04-09 17:45:58 UTC
Permalink
Hi Scott,


I sent you the invite. please let me know when you receive it.


cheers,

Mario


On 09/04/18 11:40, Scott Hewitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you use ***@scotthewitt.co.uk
>
> All the best
>
> Scott
>
> ----------
> visit me
>
> http://www.scotthewitt.co.uk
> @scotthewitt
>
> http://www.ablelemon.co.uk
> http://www.theaudiopodcast.co.uk
>
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: mario buoninfante <***@gmail.com>
> Date: 8 April 2018 at 16:38
> Subject: [chuck-users] ChucK Floss manual / bug reporting
> To: ChucK Users Mailing List <chuck-***@lists.cs.princeton.edu>
>
>
> Hi Scott,
>
>
> sure I only need your email address to send you the invite. if you
> want you can also send it to my personal mail:
> ***@gmail.com
>
>
> cheers,
>
> Mario
>
> _______________________________________________
> chuck-users mailing list
> chuck-***@lists.cs.princeton.edu
> https://lists.cs.princeton.edu/mailman/listinfo/chuck-users
Continue reading on narkive:
Loading...